Welcome to Stowaway, Runswick Bay
Stowaway, Runswick Bay is a welcoming peaceful haven, perfect for adults seeking quality accommodation on the North Yorkshire Coast.
This characterful lodge style property offers seaside themed chic, within well maintained grounds, in the upper part of Runswick Bay village. One well behaved pet is welcome by prior agreement with the owners. A £20 fee applies to bring a dog. Please ensure this is added at the booking stage
Bedlinen, towels, welcome pack with wine, off street parking and free wifi are all included in the rate at this immaculate retreat. Babies not on the move (up to the age of 10 months) and sleeping in a cot are welcome (travel cot and highchair available on request at no extra charge). Stowaway is a non smoking property.
With a beautiful open plan interior, there’s also lovely outside space perfect for an al fresco lunch or mid-morning coffee. This gorgeous bolthole is ready to welcome you.
Stowaway is located in the grounds of Stowe Lodge, Runswick Bay just off Ellerby Lane. A shared drive brings you to the property. We have an abundance of wildlife visiting our gardens and ask respectfully that dogs are kept on leads at all times.
Runswick Bay beach is just a 10 / 15 minute stroll away, 2 minute drive and we also have the seaside villages of Staithes and Sandsend on the doorstep.
We recommend you take a walk to the village pub, which serves local real ales and hearty portions of home cooked food, or head down to the beach and breathe in the fresh sea air. Or why not take a drive into Whitby and discover the rich tapestry of this historic town – it’s only 8 miles away.
Stowaway is a cosy and welcoming property – a beautiful quiet hideaway in the heart of the North York Moors National Park.
Stowaway, is an easy to find, easy to access property all on one level in the upper part of Runswick Bay village (on Ellerby Lane)
The accommodation comprises :-
- Entrance hall leading off to spacious well equipped kitchen /dining area with dishwasher, oven, microwave, fridge with freezer compartment, iron, ironing board, all utensils leading through to;
- Lounge with views sofas, occasional chairs, small writing desk and lamp, TV and view of the adjacent fields
- Free Wifi included as well as bedlinen and towels
- The owners provide a welcome pack which includes a complimentary bottle of wine and goodies.
- There is a cosy double bedroom, with all bedlinen, hairdryer, small chest of drawers, the bedroom window overlooks the quiet fields. There is space in the bedroom for a travel cot (not provided, please bring your own)
- The bathroom for the property is adjacent to the bedroom and offers a walk in shower, toilet and sink with underfloor heating
- Runswick Bay is a village without gas therefore this cosy home is heated by electric radiators to adjust as required.
Outside, there is a lovely garden area with table and chairs – perfect for al fresco dining. Please note the garden is not doggy proof and there are gaps under the fences and hedges. We enjoy many types of visiting wildilfe to the Stowaway garden such as pheasant, partridge, yellowhammers, hedgehogs - we respectfully ask that dogs are kept under control at all times. A £20 fee applies for guests with dogs.
A travel cot and high chair is available free of charge - on request.
Parking is outside the property which is off street. EV charging is available down the road at our local pub where tokens can be purchased.
Runswick Bay lower village and the beach is a 10 minute walk away, The Runswick Bay Hotel Pub serving food is a 5 minute walk away, Hinderwell village is a 5 minute drive, Staithes is just a little bit further – only 2 miles away.
Stowaway, Runswick Bay, TS13 5HS
From the A174, approach Runswick Bay via Ellerby Lane and you will find Stowaway in the grounds of Stowe Lodge on the approach road to the lower village. There is a bus stop within walking distance of the property, and the beach is only a 15 minute walk away.
Stowaway benefits from private off road parking. EV charging tokens can be purchased at the pub for the Rolec charge point not far from Stowaway. A Type 2 connector cable is needed.
Click the + to zoom in on the map