York Cottage, Runswick Bay - can sleep 6 people in 3 bedrooms, is pet friendly and has everything you need for a break away in this pretty village.
York Cottage is cleverly arranged with one or two rooms on each of its three floors. Downstairs is a combined kitchen and sitting room with a bay window which looks along the path and offers a glimpse of the sea. The dining table extends and moves around to make best use of the space and a handy built in stair gate will stop our doggy friends or little ones on the move from climbing the stairs.
There are 3 bedrooms - One double room with a glimpse of the sea along the path, one single room which looks onto the path behind the cottage and the attic room - a triple bedroom which has one double bed and one single bed. This room looks over rooftops across the sea towards Kettleness and then there is a house bathroom with a shower cubicle, sink and toilet.
Outside, just a few paces from the cottage, is a lovely bench with fabulous sea views, perfect for sitting with your favourite drink as the sun rises or sets.
York Cottage is perfect for families, couples, walkers - anyone looking for a seaside break! Very polite dogs are welcome by arrangement, there is wifi and a car park permit included. Please read the "facilities" section for more detail.
We look forward to welcoming you to York Cottage, Runswick Bay
York Cottage, Runswick Bay, is an easy to find property in the lower part of Runswick Bay village.
The accommodation comprises :-
- Entrance from main footpath adjacent to the Royal Hotel pub leading to open plan well equipped kitchen with dishwasher, oven, microwave, fridge with freezer compartment, iron, ironing board, all utensils, dining table and also the....
- Lounge with comfortable sofa and occasional chairs, electric stove to add a warm ambience in cooler days as well as additional heating, TV, Freesat leading upstairs to the half landing....
- House bathroom with sink, toilet and large walk in shower;
- Up a few more stairs to a single bedroom at the back of the house to....
- The master bedroom with sink and wardrobe space
- To the top floor via a few more stairs, brings you to a triple bedroom with low level double bed and a single bed, some sea views from the large dormer window.
- Free Wifi included as well as all bedlinen and a large towel per person
- Included is a welcome pack with complimentary bottle of wine.
Runswick Bay is a village without gas therefore this cosy home is heated by electric radiators.
We don't have any outside space at York Cottage but just a few steps away is a rarely used bench which has amazing sea views - perfect for sitting with a morning coffee.
One Residents car park permit is included in the quoted rates. Additional cars must use the Pay & Display car park nearby (circa £6 per day. RingGo system available for payment)
The Runswick Bay Hotel Pub serving food is a 10 second walk away, Hinderwell village is a 5 minute drive, Staithes is just a little bit further – only 3 miles away and Whitby is only 8 miles away - a 15 minute drive.
York Cottage, Runswick Bay, TS13 5HT
From the A174, approach Runswick Bay via Ellerby Lane or Hinderwell Lane and turn down into the lower village via a steep 1 in 4 gradient hill.
York Cottage is in the main lower village of Runswick Bay.
Turn left at the mini roundabout and drive into the village to the end of the road.
You can park within 100 yards of the property to unload your bags, then your car must be parked in the Residents Car Park – a short walk away from the property where we provide a permit for your use. The permit does not guarantee a space.
Additional vehicles must park in the Pay & Display car park where there is an hourly charge.
Please note there are approximately 15 steps to negotiate up to the front of the house and there are many uneven surfaces in Runswick Bay.