Come and stay in this gorgeous traditional home in the upper part of Runswick Bay.
Dating back to 1890, Coastguard Cottage is in a great position for exploring the area and is just moments away from our local pub and a short walk away from Runswick Bay beach.
With a large garden and fabulous patio for entertaining, this spacious home is ideal for a family gathering or groups looking to get away. Off street parking, 3 bedrooms, open living and dining, well equipped kitchen and EV charging if needed. 2 very well behaved pets are welcome by arrangement - please ask.
And we must not forget to mention our "Springfree" trampoline - a guaranteed favourite with the children!
Runswick Bay’s unspoilt beauty has afforded it the “Best Beachcombing Award” "One of the UK's Top Ten Beaches, most recently Britain's Best Beach by The Times 2020.
The beach is annually awarded a Blue Flag Beach award for cleanliness.
EV chargepoint available (Rolec EV Wallpod. 3.6kw single phase Type 2) (Available on request)
Coastguard Cottage has accommodation over 2 floors and is maintained to a high standard. It features a charming country kitchen with dishwasher, large oven, microwave, lots of crockery, pots and pans.
The spacious lounge and dining area are open plan offering plenty of space for families to gather and a traditional fireplace provides that cosy ambience for chilly evenings. (Safety fireguard in place)
Upstairs on the half landing we have a spacious bathroom which overlooks the garden, complete with large bath and separate walk in shower.
Up to the bedrooms, there are 3 rooms - 2 double bedrooms (one has its own shower and sink) and a bunk bed room.
To the rear of the property there is an enclosed garden, patio area with seating and BBQ, a Wendy House and trampoline for the children to play in.
To see a video tour of Coastguard Cottage, please take a look at our Youtube Channel by clicking here:
Coastguard Cottage is an easy to find, easy to access property just a short walk from Runswick Bay beach
The spacious accommodation is perfect for families and comprises:
- Entrance hall leading to large open living and dining area complete with dining table and chairs (high chair available on request) 3 large sofas, TV, and traditional open fire place. (Please bring your own wood, firelighters and kindling. Further supplies available from the Co-op at Staithes or Hinderwell Service Station)
- Kitchen with oven, microwave, small dishwasher, and views across the garden. Back door leading to garden and patio with table and chairs
- Back towards the entrance hall, the staircase leads to the half landing and the house bathroom for the property. Here you will find a bath, toilet and sink with mirror plus a separate walk in shower.
- Up a few more steps to the right are two double bedrooms (one bedroom has its own shower and sink) and a bunk bed room ahead.
- Bed linen and towels are provided at this property.
- A travel cot and high chair are available on request
- Charming garden with children's wendy house, trampoline, patio area, table and chairs
- Electric vehicle charging point (Rolec EV Wallpod, Type 2) available on request (fees apply)
- Free wifi. There is no landline telephone at this property.
- 2 x well behaved pets welcome
Sorry, this is a non smoking property. You can see a birds eye view of Coastguard Cottage and its proximity to the lower village here
Coastguard Cottage, Hinderwell Lane, Runswick Bay, TS13 5HR
From the A174, approach Runswick via Ellerby Lane. At the junction with the Runswick Bay Hotel, turn left onto Hinderwell Lane.
Coastguard Cottage is about 50 yards down on the right.
You can park outside the property, off street and there is space for 2 vehicles. There is an EV charging point at this property - 3.6kw single phase Type 2. (Rolec EV Wallpod) Available on request only (locked facility)