Get ready to admire the view because Alice Hill Cottage has one of the best in Runswick Bay from its expansive bay window.
This charming property offers generous sized accommodation for 2 people and a well behaved pet, is well maintained and benefits from its own private roof balcony with more breathtaking seaviews.
In a quieter part of the lower village, there is a short flight of stairs up to the front door which then allows you to take in the full panorama of Runswick Bay from this private base.
(We must advise that there are approx 25 steep steps up to the cottage front door which may be unsuitable for those less agile – please see photos – but that’s why we have an amazing view of the bay!)
Alice Hill Cottage has accommodation over 2 floors and is maintained to a good standard. It features Farrow & Ball paints, tasteful bespoke furnishings and original Ercol furniture, exposed stone walls and a stunning view from the biggest bay window in the village. It also has a secret balcony / terrace (via further steps) which offers more amazing seaviews and private outside space – which is a rarity in Runswick Bay.
Please note a land line telephone can be made available at this cottage upon request only. (Charges apply)
There is no mobile telephone reception in Runswick Bay. Wifi available at this property. Please note any adverse weather may affect this service so cannot be relied upon due to our rural location.
No Arrivals or Departures on a Sunday
In more detail, this house is an ideal base for one or two people over 2 floors with the accommodation comprising:-
- Entrance via approximately 25 steep steps to the front door which presents the open plan living / dining area and the large bay window;
- generous sized open plan lounge with TV and Sky Freeview, Wifi, 2 x occasional chairs, sofa and wonderful seaviews, feature fireplace (not in use), dining table and 6 chairs.
- leading through to a spacious kitchen with dishwasher, fridge with freezer compartment, electric four ring hob, electric oven and grill, microwave, toaster, cafetiere, lots of pots and pans etc.
- down a few stairs takes you to the bedroom and bathroom - bath with shower over and low flush WC, sink and mirror
- peaceful double bedroom with wrought iron double bed, hypo allergenic bedlinen, crisp white linen, Miracoil Silentnight mattress for a restful sleep and accented Farrow & Ball paints on the wall
- Under the house is our outhouse / cellar area which is home to our washing machine if required and a useful space for storing bikes, kayaks, muddy boots, pets if they prefer to sleep outside etc.
This property has a secret balcony at the rear of the house (via further steps) which gives private outdoor space and more fabulous sea and bay views which make you feel as though you’re on top of the world!
Alice Hill Cottage, Runswick Bay, TS13 5HU
From the A174, approach Runswick via Ellerby Lane and turn right into the lower village down a steep 1:4 hill.
Alice Hill Cottage is in the main lower village of Runswick Bay.
Turn left at the mini roundabout and drive into the village to the end of the road.
You can park within 100 yards of the property which is accessed via approx 25 steep steps to unload your bags, then your car must be parked in the Resident’s car park – a short walk away from the property.
One car parking permit is provided for use in the Resident’s Car park for the duration of your stay. Additional vehicles must park in the public car park. The permit does not guarantee a space.