After 3 months of lockdown, the Government announced on 23rd June that parts of the hospitality industry including holiday accommodation could reopen in England on 4th July.
Before the cottages opened up, I studied the Government and Tourism Association guidance and absorbed it into our existing cleaning practices. All of the cottages have clear policies and procedures in place for guests and housekeepers to ensure the safety of everyone visiting our cottages and our area. You can read our Cleaning and Operational Charter here.
I am delighted to be part of the Visit England "We're Good to Go" industry standards scheme and have achieved our certificate to confirm we are complying with the requirements.
All of the cottage owners are aware of the new Government guideliness and have prepared risk assessments for each of the properties that they own.
Due to the Government changes required, this means that the arrival time for guests will be no earlier than 4.30pm on the day of arrival and departure time no later than 9.30am. This allows us the time for the required extra cleaning.
Guests will be expected to strip all beds prior to departure and bag these plus towels used, ready for the housekeeper to collect. We will also expect guests to empty all of the bins. This will help minimise the unnecessary movement of air around the property.
Extra Terms and Conditions for guests who are due to stay or about to book during Covid-19 restrictions:
Covid Specific Terms:
1. If lockdown exists where guests are unable to leave their home to travel to Runswick Bay, but Runswick Bay is not in lockdown, a cancellation will occur. No refunds will be given unless the Agent is able to relet the property / properties at the same rate (minus a £20 booking fee)
2. If guests develop symptoms of Covid prior to arrival, are awaiting results of a Covid test or have been contacted by NHS Track & Trace to advise that they have been in contact with someone with symptoms of Covid all prior to arrival, the booking will be cancelled. No refunds will be given unless the Agent is able to re-let (minus a £20 booking fee)
3. If a blanket Government lockdown is imposed, the option to rebook dates within 8 months will be offered or a refund (minus £20 booking fee)
4. If you decide not to travel due to Covid concerns, this will be treated as a cancellation. No refunds will be given.
5. Rule of 6. As of 14.9.20 properties that can accommodate 6 people or more will only be able to accept bookings for 6 people or less. Guests who stay and do not adhere to 6 people in a property will be breaking the law. Runswick Bay Cottages will take no part in any action which may arise due to this. Visitors, Babies and children are included in the total of 6 persons at any time in a property. Rates will not be reduced for a lower occupancy.
We recommend guests take out insurance for their stay.
Dont forget to sign up to our newsletter to be the first to hear our news!