The Old Cottage, Runswick Bay Sleeps 8
The Old Cottage in lower Runswick Bay is a family home ready to welcome you: spacious, well kept accommodation, with a welcome pack included, all bedlinen and towels provided, car park permit for one vehicle, free WiFi, and breathtaking uninterrupted panoramic views of the gorgeous bay all to be enjoyed from its own private patio.
This 5 bedroom house offers a master bedroom with ensuite and 6 further single beds across 4 bedrooms. A well behaved pet is welcome by separate arrangement.
There is so much to discover in this pretty village. Not only does it consistently maintain its Blue Flag Quality Beach Award but it features in the Good Beach Guide and was named in The Sunday Times as one of the best top 10 places to buy a seaside home…..the only one in the North of England.
Leave the world behind, feel the sand between your toes, search for some fossils, enjoy an ice cream, listen to the call of the gulls and nestle away back to the comfort of The Old Cottage at the end of each day.
The Old Cottage is the perfect base for you and your family while you discover our stunning Heritage coastline.
We look forward to welcoming you.
In more detail, this house is located in the lower village of Runswick Bay close to the beach and sleeps 8 people in rooms as follows:-
- Ground floor entrance to kitchen with downstairs toilet and utility room which is home to a large overspill fridge freezer, washing machine and tumble dryer
- Large open plan kitchen with island and dining table, seating for 8 people, induction hob, oven, Nespresso coffee machine (please bring your own pods), large fridge freezer, dishwasher, sink and all the necessary utensils, pots and pans
- leading through to the lounge with two large sofas, Smart TV, sea views, flame effect fire...leading through to...
- a wonderful sun / breakfast room with patio doors and sea views from two sides.
Please note Runswick Bay does not have a gas supply therefore all cottages are electric.
On the first floor we have:
- Master bedroom with dressing table, wardrobe and ensuite bathroom complete with shower and separate bath, toilet and sink, seaviews - a loo with a view!
- a twin bedroom with seaviews, sink within the bedroom
- a house bathroom with shower, toilet and sink and....
- a single bedroom, dressing table and sea views
On the attic floor - please note the head height and stair width to this floor is narrow and restricted (see photo)
- Single bedroom with full size single bed under the eaves, low level door to access - only suitable really for a child
- Two further single beds and sink under the eaves, velux window and hanging space. Again please note that the head height in this room is restricted.
Outside, there is a large Indian slate patio with outside seating, table and chairs. Gorgeous uninterrupted views of the bay from this private vantage point - a rarity in Runswick Bay.
A car park permit is available for one vehicle at this property to park in the Residents car park. Additional cars must use the Pay & Display car park for which there is a charge.
The Old Cottage, Runswick Bay, TS13 5HU
From the A174, approach Runswick Bay via Ellerby Lane and turn right into the lower village down a steep 1:4 hill.
The Old Cottage is in the main lower village of Runswick Bay.
There are a number of steps up to the property to unload your bags, then your car must be parked in the Resident’s car park – a short walk away from the property.
One car parking permit is provided for your use in the Resident’s Car park for the duration of your stay. Additional vehicles must park in the public car park. The permit does not guarantee a space.