Stowaway, Runswick Bay is a welcoming haven, perfect for adults seeking quality accommodation on the North Yorkshire Coast.
Newly appointed throughout, this characterful lodge style property offers seaside themed chic, within well maintained grounds, in the upper part of Runswick Bay village. Up to 2 well behaved pets are welcome by prior agreement with the owners (please note the owner has a dog also)
Bedlinen, towels, complimentary bottle of wine and cake, off street parking and free wifi are all included in the rate at this immaculate retreat. Babies not on the move and sleeping in a cot, also welcome. Stowaway is a non smoking property. We’re sorry but we cannot accommodate blow up beds / camp beds in this property.
With beautiful open plan interiors, there’s also lovely outside space perfect for an al fresco lunch or mid-morning coffee. This gorgeous bolthole is ready to welcome you.
Stowaway is located in the grounds of Stowe Lodge, Runswick Bay.
Runswick Bay beach is just a 10 minute stroll away, 2 minute drive and we also have the seaside villages of Staithes and Sandsend on the doorstep.
We recommend you take a gentle stroll to the village pub, which serves local real ales and hearty portions of home cooked food, or head down to the beach and breathe in the fresh sea air. Or why not take a drive into Whitby and discover the rich tapestry of this historic town – it’s only 8 miles away.
Stowaway is a cosy and welcoming property – a beautiful hideaway in the heart of the North Yorkshire Moors National Park.
Stowaway, is an easy to find, easy to access property all on one level in the upper part of Runswick Bay village (on Ellerby Lane)
The accommodation comprises :-
- Entrance hall leading off to spacious well equipped kitchen with dishwasher, oven, microwave, fridge with freezer compartment, iron, ironing board, all utensils including cafetiere for morning coffee leading through to;
- Lounge / dining area with comfortable sofa, Laura Ashley rug, roman blinds, dining table for 2, pretty cream electric stove to add a warm ambience in cooler days as well as additional heating, views of the adjoining fields, TV, Freesat, ipod docking station
- Free Wifi included as well as bedlinen and towels
- The owners provide a fabulous welcome pack which includes a complimentary bottle of wine, fresh milk, tea, coffee, sugar and some seasonal treats!
- There is a cosy double bedroom, with crisp bedlinen, hairdyer, dressing table and occasional chair.
- The bathroom for the property is adjacent to the bedroom and offers a walk in shower, toilet and sink with lovely underfloor heating
- Runswick Bay is a village without gas therefore this cosy home is heated by electric radiators
Outside, there is a stunning grassed garden area with table, chairs and small orchard – perfect for al fresco dining
Parking is outside the property which is off street
Runswick Bay lower village and the beach is a 10 minute walk away, The Runswick Bay Hotel Pub serving food is a 5 minute walk away, Hinderwell village is a 5 minute drive, Staithes is just a little bit further – only 3 miles away.
Stowaway, Runswick Bay, TS13 5HS
From the A174, approach Runswick Bay via Ellerby Lane and you will find Stowaway in the grounds of Stowe Lodge on the approach road to the lower village. There is a bus stop within walking distance of the property, and the beach is only a 10 minute walk away.
Stowaway benefits from private off road parking
Click the + to zoom in on the map