Come and stay in a traditional Coastguard's Cottage in Runswick Bay dating back to 1890.
Until the late 20th century, accommodation was provided for most ranks of the Coastguard service and their families offering gardens for growing vegetables, ample accommodation and off street parking. This cottage is a great example of one of those properties and has been lovingly renovated while still maintaining a traditional feel and is available for holiday lets.
Located on Hinderwell Lane, you are moments away from the local pub and a short walk away from Runswick Bay beach.
Runswick Bay’s unspoilt beauty has afforded it the “Best Beachcombing Award” "One of the UK's Top Ten Beaches, Best place to pitch up a windbreak" and more including an annually awarded Blue Flag Beach award for cleanliness.
We're sorry but this cottage does not accept pets. Free Wifi is available at this cottage.
Coastguard's Cottage has accommodation over 2 floors and is maintained to a high standard. It features a compact kitchen with dishwasher, washing machine, lots of crockery, pots and pans.
The spacious lounge and dining area are open plan offering plenty of space for families to gather and a traditional fireplace provides that cosy ambience for winter evenings. (Safety fireguard in place)
Upstairs on the half landing we have a spacious bathroom which overlooks the garden, complete with large bath and separate walk in shower.
Up to the bedrooms, there are 3 rooms - 2 double bedrooms and a bunk bed room.
To the rear of the property there is an enclosed garden shared with next door (please see the photo) and a Wendy House for the children to play in.
To see a video tour of Coastguard Cottage, please take a look at our Youtube Channel by clicking here: Coastguard Cottage, Runswick Bay
Coastguard Cottage is an easy to find, easy to access property in the upper part of Runswick Bay village.
The spacious accommodation is perfect for families and comprises:
- Entrance hall leading to large open living and dining area complete with dining table and chairs (high chair available) 3 large sofas, TV, and traditional open fire place. (Starter pack of logs provided for bookings between October and March.)
- Kitchen with all oven, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine, and views across the garden. Back door leading to garden and patio with table and chairs
- Back towards the entrance hall, the staircase leads to the half landing and the house bathroom for the property. Here you will find a bath, toilet and sink with mirror plus a separate walk in shower.
- Up a few more steps to the right are two double bedrooms and a bunk bed room ahead.
- Bed linen and towels are provided at this property.
- A travel cot is available on request
- Charming garden with childrens wendy house, patio area, table and chairs
- Free wifi. There is no landline telephone at this property.
Sorry, this is a non smoking property. We do not accept pets.
Coastguard's Cottage, Hinderwell Lane, Runswick Bay, TS13 5HR
From the A174, approach Runswick via Ellerby Lane. At the junction with the Runswick Bay Hotel, turn left onto Hinderwell Lane.
Coastguard's Cottage is about 50 yards down on the right.
You can park outside the property, off street and there is space for 2 vehicles.